I get up waaaaaaay too early for work. Like what sane person gets up at 5:30 am every day? Do you know what that does to a person? It makes it so that sleeping in is like 7 am on weekends and by 10 you’re wondering where the hell everyone is.
Yea I’m that person. FML. Oh well, at least I can get yoga in the park done before some dog comes and drops a deuce on the hill. Small blessings.
So breakfast. Someone asked me what I do for breakfast. I’m like the biggest breakfast eater. Hands down best day of my life was when all-day Egg McMuffins came to Canada. So I like breakfast. And my early morning schedule doesn’t allow for cooking so I have to pack it up the night before.
Today it was toast. Yup. I’ll make it sound fancier for you to justify posting about it instead of only talking about Egg McMuffins.
Ancient Grains Toast with Organic Peanut Butter, Sliced Banana and Chia Seeds (396 calories)
- Toast your Ancient Grains Bread. I don’t care how brown you like it. I’m a toast wimp, so I don’t fully commit to toasting
- Spread on about 1 tsp of organic or natural peanut butter on each slice. Basically read the Peanut Butter label and if the Ingredients are more than just “peanuts”, then it’s full of sugars and stuff
- Slice up your banana and daintily position the slices on your toast because you’re writing a food blog
- Eat leftover banana
- Evenly sprinkle about 1 tsp of chia seeds onto both slices
- Eat your breakfast while your coworker tells you about the hockey game
Spend the rest of the day in office purgatory but it’s cool cause you fuelled your body to dredge on.